Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz. brown mushrooms, minced
- 2 TBS ketchup
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz. Provolone cheese, chopped
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- Calories 523
- Total Fat 18.3g
- Serving Size 8.2g
- Serving Size 40.2g
- Fiber 3.1g
- Protein 42g
1. Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
2. Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50% or so of the ground beef.
3. Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.
4. Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
5. Add the beef back into the pan.
6. In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together.
7. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, beef broth/corn starch mixture into the pan.
8. Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy, 3-5 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat, add in the Provolone cheese
10. Serve on toasted brioche buns.