Williams Cheese Team – Job Description
Williams Cheese Co. is a family owned business that was started in 1945. Williams Cheese Co. manufactures over 2 million pounds of pasteurized cheese chunks and cheese spreads each year. We also cut and package over 3 million pounds of natural cheese per year. Products are sold throughout Michigan and across much of the United States.
JOB DESCRIPTION—as a team member, your main job will be the handling of cheese. This will require the cutting of packing, and labeling of cheese. You may also be required to do general cleaning, stocking, and other manual labor jobs. Some of these jobs are fast paced, require standing in one place and are repetitive in motion.
All team members are on an introductory period during their first 90 days of employment. During this time your performance will be evaluated. However, the completion of this introductory period does not guarantee employment for any time after.
Williams Cheese team job benefits/requirements:
- LIFTING REQUIREMENT—you will be required to lift up to 55lbs at times throughout the day.
- WAGES—wages will start at minimum wage. Jobs paying more are available after training. A 5% premium is paid for 2nd shift
- ATTENDANCE BONUS– *Attendance Bonuses of $25 or $50 per month are available.
- ATTENDANCE POLICY—Attendance and punctuality are very important factors for our success going forward.
- BENEFITS PACKAGE—benefits Include-Simple IRA, Paid Vacation, Life Insurance, Aflac, attendance and possible production bonuses.
- HOURS—Hours are subject to change. You can expect to work an average of 28 to 50+ hours per week. Hours will depend on 1) your performance and 2) the work load and or time of year. August through January are the busiest times of the year. Lunches will be one-hour long.
*It is required that you are able to work some Weekends, 1st, 2ND or 3rd SHIFT*
Typical–1ST Shift— 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Typical –2nd Shift— 2:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Typical 3Rd Shift—12:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (currently not running)
*You will be scheduled “on call” at times.
*Shifts and hours subject to change.
- NO JEWELRY ALLOWED—including wedding rings/bands.
- CLEAN WHITE CLOTHING —all team members are required to wear plain white shirts (no buttons) and plain white pants. White Clothing can be purchased at Sherwin Williams or Career Uniforms or uniform rental locations. You should plan on having 2 to 3 sets of clothing because you must have a clean set each morning.
- NON-SLIP SHOES– are required.
- HAIR & BEARD NETS—Hair nets MUST be worn at all times while in the processing areas. All male employees must be clean shaven or will be required to wear a beard net. Williams Cheese will supply both hairnets and beard nets.
- FOOD SAFETY & HYGIENE—it is important that all team members practice good personal hygiene. Complete food safety will be taught during orientation and is a Top Priority. *gloves may be required on certain jobs*
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD & DRIVERS LICENSE– we will need each upon hire.
- BACKGROUND CHECK & SUBSTANCE ABUSE TESTING-all team members will be subject to a background check and substance abuse test upon hire.
Click here to download our application form.
You can send it to:
Williams Cheese Company
P.O. Box 249
Linwood, MI 48634-0249